Last updated: October 15, 2020
Who Are We?
StartHubs Ltd, Company number 12860057
What Personal Data We Collect?
We collect following personal data (collectively called User Personal Information):
- Registration information (username, email, password, etc.)
- Profile information for your Account (such as your full name, biography, website, and location.)
- Usage information (pages you view, your IP address, referring site, session information, and request date and time.)
- Device information (its IP address, client application information, language preference, operating system and application version, device type, ID, model and manufacturer.)
- Job data that you upload in job posts
- CV data that you upload in job applications
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may also collect User Personal Information from third-parties (vendors, partners, or affiliates). We don't purchase them from third-party data brokers, though.
However, we don't intentionally collect sensitive information (such as racial or ethnic origin, political affiliations, religious/philosophical beliefs, biometric data, etc.)
How We Share Information We Collect?
We may share your User Personal Information with third-parties under following circumstances:
With your Consent
We share your User Personal Information, if you consent, after letting you know what information will be shared, with whom, and why. For example, if you apply to a job we will share the information you have supplied on the application (CV, contact details, etc.) to the company you are applying to.
With Service Providers
We share User Personal Information with a limited number of service providers who process it on our behalf to provide or improve our Service, and who have agreed to privacy restrictions similar to the ones in our Privacy Statement by signing data protection agreements or making similar commitments. Our service providers perform payment processing, customer support ticketing, network data transmission, security, and other similar services. While StartHubs processes all User Personal Information in the UK, our service providers may process data outside the country or the European Union.
For Legal Disclosure
StartHubs strives for transparency in complying with legal process and legal obligations. Unless prevented from doing so by law or court order, or in rare, exigent circumstances, we make a reasonable effort to notify users of any legally compelled or required disclosure of their information. StartHubs may disclose User Personal Information or other information we collect about you to law enforcement if required in response to a valid subpoena, court order, search warrant, a similar government order, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to protect our property or rights, or those of third parties or the public at large.
Change in Control or Sale
We may share User Personal Information if we are involved in a merger, sale, or acquisition of corporate entities or business units. If any such change of ownership happens, we will ensure that it is under terms that preserve the confidentiality of User Personal Information, and we will notify you on our Website or by email before any transfer of your User Personal Information. The organization receiving any User Personal Information will have to honor any promises we made in our Privacy Statement or Terms of Service.
We don't sell your User Personal Information for monetary or other consideration.
How We Use Your Information?
We may use your information for following purposes:
- We use your Registration Information to create your account, and to provide you the Service.
- We use your User Personal Information, specifically your name, CV, contact details to help fulfill job applications.
- We use your Profile Information to fill out your Account profile and to share that profile with other users if you ask us to.
- We use your email address to communicate with you, if you've said that's okay, and only for the reasons you’ve said that’s okay.
- We use User Personal Information and other data to make recommendations for you, such as to suggest jobs you may want to apply to. We learn from your public behavior on account — such as your previous applications and your followed companies. These recommendations are automated decisions, but they have no legal impact on your rights.
- We use Usage Information and Device Information to better understand how our Users use Our Service and to improve our Website and Service.
- We may use your User Personal Information if it is necessary for security purposes or to investigate possible fraud or attempts to harm StartHubs or our Users.
- We may use your User Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, protect our intellectual property, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- We limit our use of your User Personal Information to the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement. If we need to use your User Personal Information for other purposes, we will ask your permission first. You can always see what information we have, how we're using it, and what permissions you have given us in your user profile.
How StartHubs Secures Your Information
StartHubs takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect User Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction; maintain data accuracy; and help ensure the appropriate use of User Personal Information.
To the extent above, we enforce a written security information program, which:
- aligns with industry recognized frameworks;
- includes security safeguards reasonably designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our Users' data;
- is appropriate to the nature, size, and complexity of our business operations;
- includes incident response and data breach notification processes; and
- complies with applicable information security-related laws and regulations in the UK.
In the event of a data breach that affects your User Personal Information, we will act promptly to mitigate the impact of a breach and notify any affected Users without undue delay.
Transmission of data on StartHubs is encrypted using HTTPS (TLS). We host Our Service and your data at our hosting partner, which they provide data centers with high level of physical and network security.
Disclaimer: No method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Cookies and Tracking Usage
Tracking and Analytics
StartHubs doesn't use third-party analytics. We gather analytics data ourselves to help protect your privacy. The information we gather is to help us evaluate our Users' use of our service, compile statistical reports on activity, and improve our content and Website performance.
Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. StartHubs responds to browser DNT signals and follows the W3C standard for responding to DNT signals. If you have not enabled DNT on a browser that supports it, cookies on some parts of our Website will track your online browsing activity on other online services over time, though we do not permit third parties other than our service providers to track Users' activity.
Our employees do not access private CVs unless required to for security purposes, for support, to maintain integrity of the Service, or to comply with our legal obligations. While we don't generally search for content in your uploaded documents, we may scan our servers and your content to detect tokens or security signatures, known malwares, or child exploitation imagery.
If your CV is included in your job applications, only the Recruiter you apply to can view its contents. Disclaimer: We can not control what happens to your CV after it reaches a Recruiter, they may be able to store it on their own systems and use it outside of our Terms Of Service.
Many of our services and feature are public-facing. If your content is public-facing, third parties may access and use it in compliance with our Terms of Service, such as by viewing your profile or job posts or pulling data via our API. We do not sell that content; it is yours. However, we do allow third parties, such as research organizations or archives, to compile public-facing information. Other third parties, such as data brokers, may be able to scrape your public posts and compile data as well.
Your User Personal Information associated with your content could be gathered by third parties in these compilations of StartHubs data. If you do not want your User Personal Information to appear in third parties’ compilations of Your data, please do not make your User Personal Information publicly available.
If you collaborate on or become a member of an Organization, then its Account owners may receive your User Personal Information. When you accept an invitation to an Organization, you will be notified of the types of information owners may be able to see. If you accept an invitation to an Organization with a verified domain, then the owners of that Organization will be able to see your full email address(es) within that Organization's verified domain(s).
Please note, StartHubs may share your username, Usage Information, and Device Information with the owner of the Organization you are a member of, to the extent that your User Personal Information is provided only to investigate or respond to a security incident that affects or compromises the security of that particular Organization.
Please contact the Account owners for more information about how they might process your User Personal Information in their Organization and the ways for you to access, update, alter, or delete the User Personal Information stored in the Account.
How You Can Access and Control the Information We Collect?
If you're already a StartHubs user, you may access, update, alter, or delete your basic user information by editing your user profile or Company profile. You can control the information we collect about you by limiting what information is in your profile, or by keeping your information current.
If StartHubs processes information about you, such as information receives from third parties, and you do not have an account, then you may, subject to applicable law, access, update, alter, delete, or object to the processing of your personal information by contacting our support.
As a StartHubs User, you can always take your data with you. You may file a GDPR request for your personal data at any time.
Data Retention and Deletion of Data
In general, StartHubs retains User Personal Information for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you service.
If you would like to cancel your account or delete your User Personal Information, you may do so in your user profile. We retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile (within reason) within 90 days of your request. Feel free to contact our support to request erasure of the data we process on the basis of consent within 30 days.
After an account has been deleted, certain data, such as applications to other Users' job posts, will remain for as long as the job post exists. Job posts themselves will be fully deleted once a company account is closed.
Our Global Privacy Practices
We store and process the information that we collect in the the UK in accordance with this Privacy Statement though our service providers may store and process data outside of the country. However, we understand that we have Users from different countries and regions with different privacy expectations, and we try to meet those needs even when the UK does not have the same privacy framework as other countries.
We provide a high standard of privacy protection—as described in this Privacy Statement—to all our users around the world, regardless of their country of origin or location, and we are proud of the levels of notice, choice, accountability, security, data integrity, access, and recourse we provide. We work hard to comply with the applicable data privacy laws wherever we do business, working with our Data Protection Officer as part of a cross-functional team that oversees our privacy compliance efforts. Additionally, if our vendors or affiliates have access to User Personal Information, they must sign agreements that require them to comply with our privacy policies and with applicable data privacy laws.
- StartHubs provides clear methods of unambiguous, informed, specific, and freely given consent at the time of data collection, when we collect your User Personal Information using consent as a basis.
- We collect only the minimum amount of User Personal Information necessary for our purposes, unless you choose to provide more. We encourage you to only give us the amount of data you are comfortable sharing.
- We offer you simple methods of accessing, altering, or deleting the User Personal Information we have collected, where legally permitted.
- We provide our Users notice, choice, accountability, security, and access regarding their User Personal Information, and we limit the purpose for processing it. We also provide our Users a method of recourse and enforcement. These are the Privacy Shield Principles, but they are also just good practices.
How We Communicate with You?
We use your email address to communicate with you, if you've said that's okay, and only for the reasons you’ve said that’s okay. For example, if you contact our support with a request, we respond to you via email. You may manage your communication preferences in your user profile settings.
Depending on your email settings, StartHubs may occasionally send notification emails about changes to a Company you’re following, new job posts, events, important policy changes, or to offer customer support. We also send marketing emails, based on your choices and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. There's an “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each of the marketing emails we send you. Note that you can opt out of any communications with us, except the important ones (like from our support and system emails).
Our emails may contain a pixel tag, which is a small, clear image that can tell us whether or not you have opened an email and what your IP address is. We use this pixel tag to make our email more effective for you and to make sure we’re not sending you unwanted email.
Although most changes are likely to be minor, StartHubs may change our Privacy Statement from time to time. We will provide notification to Users of material changes to this Privacy Statement through our Website at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our home page or sending email to the primary email address specified in your account.
If you have any concerns about privacy, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond promptly, within 45 days.